EMPOWER YOUR PATIENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES
Research has shown that people are most likely to register as donors if they know someone who has been touched by donation and transplantation. Empowering patients, living donors and their families to share their stories is critical to increasing the number of donors who save and heal lives.
Donate Life VOICES is aimed at activating those closest to donation and transplantation by equipping them with tools, resources and materials to reach out to those around them with an inspiring request to register as organ, eye and tissue donors.
SHOW YOUR COMMITMENT TO SAVING LIVES
By involving your transplant center in these efforts, you can send a strong message that your organization is committed to increasing the number of registered donors, and thus the number of lifesaving transplants.
For newly listed patients and their families, VOICES helps provide a proactive response to the question, “What can we do now?” It is equally useful to newly transplanted patients and donor families looking for a way to give back by spreading the powerful message of donation.
GET STARTED QUICKLY AND EASILY
- The easiest way to get your organization to participate in the VOICES program is to refer patients and families to DonateLifeVOICES.org to access our free resources.
- Download a VOICES promotional flyer in an easy to use Word format (seen to the right). Add your organization’s logo and provide copies to staff with direct patient interaction (i.e. clinical social workers and nurses) to give to patients and their families.
- Ask your organization to place a link to DonateLifeVOICES.org on its own website. Many
- organizations feature a link on their “Resources” or “Helpful Links” pages.
LEVERAGE THE FULL VOICES EXPERIENCE
Demonstrate your active partnership in helping to increase the number of registered donors with the
VOICES Kit, which can be customized with your logo and easily mailed or handed out to patients and families.
- Welcome Letter customized with your signatures, explaining the VOICES program
- 4-page brochure booklet that contains tips and information on how to use one’s VOICE
- Bumper sticker
- Static window cling
- Stickers sheet
CUSTOMIZABLE PARTS AND PIECES
There are other ways to show your patients and their families that your organization is committed to increasing the number of registered donors. The following materials can be customized and ordered separately to best suit your needs.
The Brochure Booklet includes information on how patients and families can use their VOICE, including facts, storytelling tips, and ideas for reaching their community and extending their reach.
The Handout Card is ideal for distribution at large scale events involving staff, recipients, living donors or donor families to refer readers to the Donate Life VOICES website and its free resources.
Attract attention to the VOICES program and your organization’s support of increasing the number of registered donors who save and heal lives by hanging up these posters in your center.
These are perfect for placing in waiting areas, clinics, cafeterias and other high traffic areas to promote your organization’s involvement in the VOICES program.